Cat flea infestation suggestions
Flea season will soon be upon us. Following are some suggestions for dealing with a cat flea infestation in your home:
- Each cat gets a tablet of CAPSTAR from vet clinic (kills all adult fleas on the animal within 30 mins).
- Each cat gets a dose of either Advantage or Revolution… then wait 30 days for next dose.
- Comb through each kitty with a flea comb and after each stroke look to see if a flea is on the comb; if one is then plop the comb immediately into a bowl of water with liquid detergent in it to kill all fleas on the comb. It works instantly.
- Mop floors with a natural citrus formula that prevents eggs from hatching and spray the same formula on cat posts and anywhere off the floor where they were sleeping. Could also use a flea killing spray from the vet clinic.
- All bedding (sheets, pillow case covers, cat beds, and blankets) should be laundered.
- If you have wall to wall carpet, vacuum thoroughly and make sure that the vacuum bag is disposed of; otherwise it provides a perfect place for fleas to nest and multiply.