Max: CoonHound/Lab mix
September 22, 2018
Max is a CoonHound/Lab mix, approximately 6 years old and crate trained.
Notes from his current family:
- He is a very loving, smart, high energy dog that needs someone who can spend more time with him. We work full time and think that’s part of the problem.
- I think that he needs someone who can spend more time with him and train him to be the dog I know that he can be. Consistency is important.
- Barks a bit when people enter the house, but is friendly and excited to see them. Loves people so much that some time he excited-pees a little when he greets them.
- He is reactive to other dogs when on leash. A trainer has assessed him and said he is not aggressive, just reactive. This is something that should be worked on with a trainer.
- Because of this, we are not sure if he would be suited to live with another dog and think it would be best for him to be the only dog in the house until he works through this issue with a trainer and a family who has time for him. In the past he was neglected.
- Max loves kids and people of all ages, although he would be best in a home with older kids as he is very excitable and doesn’t like people grabbing at his collar. (No dog does!)
- Knows basic commands, but has poor recall.
- He also seems to have a higher than average prey drive although he gets along well with our cat.
- Will chase cats and birds outside so needs fenced yard if left alone outside.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-926-1842.