CAWES (Coast Animal Welfare & Education Society) was founded in November 2000. We are a group of volunteers who believe that all creatures should be treated humanely and with respect.
There is no SPCA or wildlife rescue group on our island. CAWES manages to fulfill a much needed animal advocacy service to our community by…
- Controlling the overpopulation of felines through sterilization.
- Minimizing any impact on wildlife by feeding stray and abandoned cats.
- Offering ongoing support, consolation, and advice to animal lovers and pet owners; and educating them in the care and welfare of their pets.
- Providing financial and moral support to pet owners in need who have sick companion animals.
- Reuniting lost companion animals with their families.
- Finding forever homes for companion animals that have been abandoned or given up for adoption.
- Reducing the number of stray animals through our foster and adoption activities.
- Helping to sustain our natural environment by participating in and supporting wildlife rescue activities.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated” ~ Gandhi